HelpCrunch is a modern customer communication software combining a live chat, in-app messenger, email marketing automation, and ticketing in one platform.
It’s fully equipped for lead capture, customer support and sales.
HelpCrunch is very easy to use and set up. The following tips will help you make interaction with customers smooth and efficient at every stage.
After you signup, you’ll be offered to install the HelpCrunch code to your site following simple steps in our installation wizard.
You’ll also see a chat message from your HelpCrunch onboarding assistant at the bottom right corner of your page.
The assistant is always is ready to answer all questions and guide you through the installation wizard if necessary. Just answer him/her in chat if you need help.
To continue installation, press LET’S GO.
Further, follow the setup instructions on how to add the HelpCrunch code. When ready, click I’m done.
You can also skip the wizard and install HelpCrunch through your account.
Adding widget through your account
Adding HelpCrunch to your site or application takes just a couple of minutes and is super easy.
- Log into your HelpCrunch admin account [http://helpcrunch.com/signin.html]
- Go to Settings → Website Widgets and choose where you want to install HelpCrunch.
- Copy the code snippet you see in the html box and paste it to every page of your website where you’d like a live chat widget to appear. Place it before the closing </body> tag.
- Make sure that the widget is installed correctly. Go to Settings → Website Widgets → Your Website and check for the following message.
Congratulations! You’ve installed HelpCrunch! 😊
If something goes wrong, just hit us a message in chat and we’ll help you out.
To start using HelpCrunch, first set up your account.
- Go to My Account and upload your avatar to introduce yourself. We suggest adding a friendly/smiling informal photo to build trust and make people feel at ease/welcome.
- Fill in your name and surname, or just your name. We recommend using a realistic name to be taken seriously and add credibility.
Set up notifications and you’ll never miss incoming messages and/or chats. To do this, go to your Dashboard – My Account → Notification Settings.
Sound notifications. You can set either short or long sound notifications and their duration. If you’re available for a chat, short notifications will do. But for example you’re leaving for a while to get a coffee – set a long sound notification. If the tune is playing when you’re back – there’s a new message or chat for you.
Browser notifications. To get such notifications, you also need to enable them through your browser settings.
Our tip is to keep both browser and sound notifications ON to receive immediate alerts and react promptly to all customer queries.
Email notifications. You can also activate email notifications and stay tuned about new messages even when logged out of your HelpCrunch account.
Typing insight is a good way to you keep visitors in chat by showing them that the answer is coming. From their side, support agents can re-engage visitors when they’ve gone inactive (not typing a reply for a certain time).
When it’s ON, it works both ways – the visitors see that when you’re typing and you will see when they are responding. The text itself is not displayed before being sent, though.
We recommend to keep the typing insight ON, but in case you want to take your time preparing an answer and don’t want to keep the customer waiting because you’re typing – just switch it off.
When the typing insight is OFF, it works one way – only support agents will see that the visitors are writing.
Each agent can track his/her performance via chat ratings in profile. After the problem has been resolved, the agent closes the chat and the visitor is encouraged to rate his/her live support experience. You will see the percentages of chats rated by your customers as great, average or poor.
Sound and push notifications
Most web browsers are asking to allow/deny push notifications from the website. If you accidentally click to DENY, the only place where it can be changed is a web browser settings. Here how you can change that for most popular web browsers.
Safari (Mac OS)
Go to Settings → Websites → Auto-play
Find https://YOURWEBSITE.helpcrunch.com switch its status to Allow all auto-play.
Firefox (Mac OS)
Go Preferences → Privacy & Security → Permissions, open Notifications settings, find https://YOURWEBSITE.helpcrunch.com and switch its status to ALLOW.
Department is a hierarchy unit in your organization. You can create as many of them as you need in Settings → Departments section. While creating, you can also add some agents to it or add them later in agent’s profile.
Agents can transfer chats to different departments as well as assign the to specific person.
Agent can see chats transferred to department if that department is selected in departments column filter (In the list of chats).
Build your team by adding agents. You can add as many of them as your plan allows. There’s one agent on Basic plan, 5 on Premium, and 10+ on Enterprise. During the trial period you enjoy all the features of the Premium plan.
- Open Settings and choose Agents in the left-hand column that appears.
- Click Add agent button in the new window and fill in the agent’s name and email and choose what rights you want to give to each agent. Just check the appropriate circle to assign one the three available roles.
Agents can use all HelpCrunch features but cannot edit other users and change billing details or plans.
Agent (Chat only) have same rights and restrictions as Agents but without access to My Account, Settings, Auto Messages and any type of Emails. They don’t see HelpCrunch chat button inside the service and cannot import/export the customer database.
Supervisors can edit and invite agents and other supervisors but cannot change billing details and plans.
Administrators have maximum rights. They can edit agents, supervisors, change subscription plans and billing information. Can be edited or disabled only by other administrators.
You can also choose whether to display this agent as available or hide him/her from the chat widget by ticking this box.
- Finally, click on the blue Send Invitation button at the top right-hand corner of the page and your new agent will appear in the Agents section
Go to Settings → Agents and click on the specific agent’s name to display his/her data.
As an administrator, you can change all parameters (name, password, role, department) and set whether you want to display a certain agent as available in the chat widget or not.
You’ll also be able enable or disable the agent by toggling the Enable User bar. Disabled agents are denied access to their account and cannot log in. You can re-enable them anytime.
Last but not least, you can track your agent’s performance via chat ratings. After the problem has been resolved, the agent closes the chat and the visitor is encouraged to rate his/her live support experience. You will see the percentages of chats rated by your customers as great, average or poor.
You can Enable/Disable chat rating using corresponding toggle in Settings → Chat Rating
HelpCrunch can be integrated with different services. All native integrations are listed in Settings→Integrations.
New messages can be easily missed during the work. It’s a good idea to integrate HelpCrunch with slack, so your team always be aware and ready to reply. Just go to the Settings->Integrations and hit Add to slack button. After that you’ll be asked to sign into your slack workspace and voila!
To integrate HelpCrunch live chat widget with WordPress and Magento, use the step-by-step integration guide.
Chat widget customization
You can customize your chat widget to match the look and the feel of your site and brand: upload your logo, choose wallpapers, colors, button styles and position as well as hide HelpCrunch label. To do this, go to Settings → Your Website → Widget customization.
Uploading the company logo
Upload your company logo to create a professional appearance and add trust.
Use popular formats like .jpg, .png. etc (except svg as this format is not supported by most email services).
Setting wallpapers, colors, chat button shape and position
Take your pick among various wallpapers and button colors. You may consider a contrasting color so that the chat button is clearly visible on your site. If you want a specific color, just type its code in the CSS color box.
Select a preferable chat button shape, its position and and whether you want to display or hide the question next to the button.
You can hide HelpCrunch label (remove “Powered by HelpCrunch” text). Unbranding is available on on all Premium plans and makes the chat widget appear an integral part of your website.
Allows you to keep new visitors in chat by immediately showing that their message is attended to. If you set the waiting message ON, it will appear after a customer contacts you for the first time in online mode.
For your customers it will look like that:
In this tab, you can customize your chat window with CSS to make it fully match your website design. After you save the changes to your CSS styles, you can check the new look of your chat window on your website.
Localization lets you serve customers from across the globe in their languages.
HelpCrunch chat widget has been already localized into several popular languages (GE, FR, ES, PT, RU and PL) both for online and offline modes. You can also make up your own phrases and add more localizations.
You can add a new localization in two ways:
1) Manually via your HelpCrunch account.
2) Through API, so that your website automatically detects your visitor’s language and applies the corresponding localization.
To view the list of available localizations, open Settings → Website Widgets → Your Website → Localization. You can edit all texts to make them better suit your business context.
Adding localization manually via your HelpCrunch account
- To localize the text into a new language, click on Add localization.
- Name the new Phrase List by indicating the language you need, for example Dutch (NL).
- Check the default box to make this language the default one if you want.
- Translate the English texts or make up your own phrase list and hit Apply to save changes.
- Go to your website and reload the page to switch the chat into the chosen language.
Integrating localizations through your website
- Name your phrase list with a two-letter standard code, let’s say en for English (see full list of ISO 639-1 codes).
- Add the following command to the chat widget js code on your website:
Now the chat widget phrases will be automatically displayed in English. That’s just an example – of course you can set any language.
Automatic setting of localization depending on the visitor’s language
You can automatically detect the visitor’s browser language and apply the phrase list in the same language. To do this:
- Name your all the phrase lists with the two-letter standard language codes (full list of ISO 639-1 codes).
- Add the following command to the chat widget js code on your site
So now, you don’t have to switch between localization manually. The chat widget phrases will be automatically displayed in the visitor’s language, selected from available localizations. If you want to assist customers globally, consider expanding your localization base.
Online and offline modes
HelpCrunch has been designed to work effectively both when your team is available and when it’s away.
Online mode is used for real-time messaging when your team is available. You can help the visitors on the spot.
Offline mode enables communication with visitors when your agents are out.It’s not necessary to say that you are offline, but you can let your customers know that they should not expect an immediate answer. It’s designed in the way to assure customers that they will get help anyway and encourages them to leave contact details and messages.
To switch between the modes, enter your account and click on the status button at the top of the page.
You can also decide whether to display the chat button or hide it from you website.
Both online and offline texts can be edited in Settings → Localization. Use default messages or invent your own phrases that suit your business goals.
Online mode. Visitors see a chat window with team avatars and names, status indicator and can live chat with you.
Offline mode. People can leave your messages, questions, or feedback right in chat and they will know that all communication will be delivered to your team and attended to.
Pre-chat and offline forms
You may decide to collect visitor’s personal and contact details before starting a chat. That can be done by activating a pre-chat form (when your team is online ) or an offline form (when your team is not available).
To set up pre-chat and offline forms, go to Settings → Website Widgets → Your Website → Widget Customization and scroll down.
As you see, you can decide which fields will be displayed and which will be required so that the visitor won’t be able to continue without filling in the required information.
If you set the form ON – it’ll appear after a visitor sends the first message and invite people to provide personal data (name, email, company and phone number).
This is what it will look like on your site. There’s a default text but you can customize it as you like. To do this, go to Settings → Website Widgets → Your Website → Localizations, choose your language and edit the Introduction request text for a chosen mode.
If the pre-chat/offline form is OFF – it does not pop up and the visitors can start chatting with you directly without filling in any information.
When to use these forms?
Pre-chat form (online mode) – we recommend keeping it off to make starting an interaction as easy as possible for visitors. However, if your site traffic draws a lot of casual passer-bys, you may decide to filter them from serious prospects by displaying this form and requiring more information.
Offline form (offline mode) – it can work effectively when your team is out. We recommend keeping the email field always visible as it can be used for further communication. If the visitor leaves chat, you’ll be able to reach out via email.
If your agents work a fixed schedule, you can automate your workflow by setting operating hours for each day of the week – and the system will automatically switch the chat into online or offline mode accordingly. And no worries, you can go back to manual settings anytime.
To set operating hours:
- Go to Settings → Operating hours and check the ON circle. Check the boxes next to all days of the week for which you want to set operating hours. Move the slides on the timeline to define specific period when the chat will be automatically online.
- You can also select the desirable time zone from the dropdown. The default time zone corresponds to the timezone of the HelpCrunch account owner but you can set it according to where your agents work from.
Manual message are set up manually and then sent only once to all of your customers or a certain group of customers that you choose basing on a certain criteria (User ID, Name, Email, Company, Phone, First Seen, Last Seen, Visits, Country, City, Locale, Timezone, Source, Referrer, Last page, Has Communication, OS/User agent).
Such messages are perfect for sending product announcements, updates, one-off deals, special offers, promotions etc.
To compose a manual message:
- Go to the corresponding section in the main menu and click on Add new manual Message button at the top right of the page.
- We suggest you use a chat message to connect with your active users.
- And email messages work cool to re-engage inactive users. Text can be fully customized with formats, fonts and styles, add images and more.
- Write the message in the box below
- Finally, set the rules that will help to select your audience. You can combine several rules to filter the list.
Below you see an example of the criteria for the manual message with checking the presence of an email and previous communication with a visitor.
**We also recommend to enable HelpCrunch User Authentication Mode. This feature lets you automatically display all users who registered/logged on your website – in the Contacts section in your HelpCrunch account even if they have not chatted with you before.You’ll be able to send your own custom attributes, which you set for your website or application, to your HelpCrunch account. This will let you apply filters for quick search and send targeted messages from HelpCrunch to users who meet criteria you set for your business.
Auto messages help to automate your activities, onboard new users, contact a customer proactively, as soon as they have a problem, increase conversion, and improve retention by using custom-tailored tools for different contexts.
You can automatically trigger targeted messages depending on user’s behavior or selected criteria.
- Open Auto Messages in your account.
- You’ll see a list of already available templates. You can click on a selected auto message to view, edit, update, or delete it.
Creating a new auto message
- Click on Add New Auto Message and set it up in the window that opens.
- Select the desired type of the auto message by ticking the appropriate box: proactive chat, targeted chat or email.
Proactive Chat helps you engage new people who are not your registered users. It lets you take the initiative and proactively start a conversation with your visitors basing on what they do on your site. These action-based messages can be triggered by one or several criteria:
|Browser language||Select language|
|Chat history with a visitor||Exist or not|
|Chat widget is opened||True / False|
|Current Page URL||Equals / contains||URL|
|Number of page views||Greater / Less / Equals||Number|
|Number of sent proactive invitations||Greater / Less / Equals||Number|
|Number of visits||Greater / Less / Equals||Number|
|Referrer URL||Equals / Contains||URL|
|Team is offline||True / False|
|Time on page||Greater / Less / Equals||Time in seconds|
|Time since the chat widget was closed||Greater / Less / Equals||Time in seconds|
|Time since the last proactive invitation||Greater / Less / Equals||Time in seconds|
|Time spent this visit||Greater / Less / Equals||Time in seconds|
|Time with no reply from agent||Greater / Less / Equals||Time in seconds|
Targeted Chat works cool with your registered customers, helping you upsell, collect feedback and target your customers with personalized offers basing on their personal data and onsite behavior. You can use such message triggers as:
|User ID||equals / contains / has any value / is unknown|
|Name||equals / contains / has any value / is unknown|
|Equals / Contains / Has any value / Is unknown|
|Company||Equals / Contains / Has any value / Is unknown|
|Phone||Equals / Contains / Has any value / Is unknown|
|First Seen||Is more than
Is less than
Has any value
|Last Seen||Is more than
Is less than
Has any value
|Visits||Equals / Contains / Has any value / Is unknown|
|Country||Equals / Contains / Has any value / Is unknown|
|City||Equals / Contains / Has any value / Is unknown|
|Locale||Equals / Contains / Has any value / Is unknown|
|Timezone||Equals / Contains / Has any value / Is unknown|
|Source||Equals / Contains / Has any value / Is unknown|
|Referrer||Equals / Contains / Has any value / Is unknown|
|Last page||Equals / Contains / Has any value / Is unknown|
|Has Communication||Is true / Is false / Has any value|
|OS / User agent||Equals / Contains / Has any value / Is unknown|
Emails are great for onboarding, sending promotional content or re-engaging inactive users. Based on customer data and onsite behavior, you can send free trial action-based emails, one-off deals, product announcements, and/or build a consistent sequence of emails for your lifecycle marketing.
- After you’ve selected the desired auto message type, give it a title (for example pricing page visit), indicate widgets/apps this auto message will be enabled for, and from which agent you want it to be sent.
- Write the message itself in the box below. Polite and informal tone works best. Also, consider being more specific as to what can potentially interest you visitor.
For example: “Hey, Sam! What kind of skis are you looking for? I’d be happy to help”
Rather than just: “May I help you?”
- Finally, set the rules that will trigger this message. You can combine several rules to select your audience.
For example, you can trigger the message when the visitor is stuck on the pricing page a certain time.
It’s good practice not to be intrusive and not bombard people with questions immediately. Let the customer look around a bit and trigger a message after a certain delay.
By default, auto messages will be sent to users once – the first time they match the criteria set for a given automessage.
Below you see an example of the criteria for the proactive auto message triggered after a visitor has spent 5 seconds on pricing page.
If you have more than one websites, you might need to set different auto messages. For proactive chat messages, you can Choose Website Widgets & Mobile APPs in the corresponding drop-down menu. For Targeted Chats and Emails, you can add criteria: Last page – Contains – YOUR WEBSITE DOMAIN NAME
Complicated or confusing pages
Certain pages on your website might confusing? Maybe there’s a long form visitors need to fill in? Or a product description is not always easy to understand. It’s a good idea to offer your help before they leave the page or get frustrated.
Again, just enter the URL, customize the text and use time the “Time on page” parameter to show the message to only confused customers who need help.
Live chat on a “contact us” page
Appreciate visitor’s time. They’re always looking for the easiest and quickest way to contact you. live chat pop-up on “Contacts us” page saves their time and makes them happier rather than having to wait for an email back.
Visual text editor
If you’ve used a word processor such as Microsoft WordTM or Open OfficeTM, then most of the functionality will seem familiar.
When creating your page content, there are a few things you should always keep in mind:
- There are various web browsers currently in use, all have their own quirks and ways of displaying your content.
- Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome and Opera are the most popular, but there are others.
- The screen size people will be viewing your content on may vary considerably, from as small as 800×600 pixels to 1900×1200 pixels and greater. However, it is fair to assume that your average user will have a screen size of 1024×768 or greater.
- The range of fonts available on a user’s computer may be different from yours, so don’t rely on a user having a particular font on their computer.
- In short, you cannot always guarantee that your content will look exactly the same on someone else’s computer.
- The look and feel of your website is usually dictated by a Style Sheet (known as CSS, or Cascading Style Sheet). These style sheets tell a user’s web browser how to display the standard formats such as Headings, Paragraphs and Tables.
- A considerable amount of effort will have been taken to ensure these style sheets make your website look the same on all the major browsers. Wherever possible, you should keep to these standard styles in order that your pages will be displayed consistently across the various browsers, and will retain the same style as the rest of your website.
Predefined templates will make your life easier and campaign faster. First, pick a template, then change its color from the toolbar (the envelope icon ✉). Now text and photos can be edited easily.
To show customers their value, it’s always better to send personalized messages. You can use attributes, like first name, company, city, etc.. as well as custom attributes that were set in advance (read more about custom data).
Here is an example of using custom data attributes in email messages.
Social media links can be specified once at the corresponding place (Settings → Social links). After that, they’ll be automatically used in the footer of the template.
Hitting the Enter (Return) key will end the paragraph you are writing and start a new one. If you want to start a new line without creating a new paragraph, press the Shift key while hitting Enter.
Insert special character
As well as the normal letters available directly from your keyboard, you can also insert special characters. Position your cursor to where you want to insert a character and click on the insert custom character button. A popup window will appear.
Paste as text
Note that the “clipboard” is shared between all the programs that run on your computer.
This means you can “Cut” or “Copy” text from other programs, and paste it back into the visual editor.
When you cut or copy text from another program, sometimes special content is copied along with the text.
The “Paste in Text Mode” button is a toggle button that if de-pressed, will ensure only text is pasted into your document.
Tables are an efficient way to display information in a concise and simple manner.
- Select the Table option. A drop-down menu appears.
- Scroll through the menu to create a table with your preferred dimensions.
- When you have your dimensions, click your cursor. Your table appears. Each individual box is called a “cell.”
- To edit each individual cell, click on the one you wish to edit. You can now fill it according to your preferences.
You can easily edit your table after creating, from the table settings below.
- Template color selector. First choose a template.
- Undoes the last action.
- Redoes/Repeats the last action, N/A which has been undone.
- To make your page interesting, highlight your text and use this drop-down menu to create a variety of different styles of headings with different attributes.
- Font Family Menu – Sets the font typeface.
- Font Size Menu – Sets the font size.
- Bolds selected text.
- Italicizes selected text.
- Underlines selected text.
- Text Color (foreground) button – Changes the foreground color of the selected text.
- Text Color (background) button – Changes the background color of the selected text.
- Aligns the selected text to left, right, or both sides.
- Creates a bulleted list.
- Creates a numbered list.
- Moves an indented section of text one tab to the left.
- Indents the selected text by one tab.
- Inserts or edits a link. Select the text you wish to make a Hyperlink.
- Inserts or edits an image.
- Inserts or edits attachments to email. After clicking you’ll be asked to upload some attachment file and paste its link. Attachment size limit is 10Mb.
- Edit the HTML source code.
- View page in preview mode, as it will be displayed to the customer.
People often ask the same questions, so you can build a list of common answers and just pick the right response when needed. This lets you save time and surprise customers with swift reaction.
Viewing and editing saved responses
- Open Settings in your account and choose Saved Responses in the left-hand columns that appears.
- You will see a list of already prepared answers. You can preview their texts, see the tags assigned for quick search and delete them by clicking on X.
- To view or edit available texts or assign them tags, just click on a selected answer.
Adding saved responses
Of course, you can use available templates but with time you’ll notice what questions are asked most frequently by your customers and will add answers that suit best your context. To add a new response:
- In Settings → Saved Responses click on Add new button at the top right-hand corner.
- Type the response text in the box and assign it a tag for quick search. Done!
- So when you need to quickly paste one of saved responses during a chat, just type the # symbol in the text field to quickly find the reply that fits the context.
Last message correction
If during a chat you hit send too soon and realize you made some mistake, you can instantly correct your last message. To do this, put the cursor in the chat field and press the up arrow ↑ on your keyboard. Edit the message and send it again.
Illustrate an issue and speed-up your customer support by exchanging files with your customers. These can be docs, images, gifs, videos etc – anything that will let you help your customer and market your product.
File sharing works both ways – not only a support agent, but a customer can easily illustrate his/her problem instead of typing lengthy descriptions.
You will see the image or the video preview (for YouTube, Vimeo, and DailyMotion videos) right in the chat window both for manual and auto messages.
You can share files in chat by uploading them from your computer or inserting a link. Most popular formats are supported (like jpg, png, pdf etc).
is a good way to you keep visitors in chat by showing them that you’re typing the answer. From their side, support agents can re-engage visitors when they see that they’ve gone inactive (not typing a reply for a certain time).
When it’s ON, it works both ways – the visitors see that when you’re typing and you will see when they are responding. The text itself is not displayed before being sent, though.
We recommend keeping the typing insight ON, but in case you want to take your time preparing an answer and don’t want to keep the customer waiting because you’re typing – just switch it off.
When the typing insight is OFF, it works one way – only support agents see that the visitors are writing.
Continuous chat and separate chats
All communication with a given customer can be organized either as a continuous chat and a set of separate chat conversations which can be rated by customers.
Continuous chat. By default your interaction with a given customer is a continuous flow of the conversation with unlimited chat history.
Separate chats. You may want to treat each resolved case a support ticket like in any CRM or help desk system. To do this, you can divide your communication with a given customer into separate chats (cases). So after the customer’s problem has been resolved, the agent can close the chat and the next interaction with a visitor will become a new one.
To close the chat, click on the gear icon in the chat window and choose Close chat in the drop down. You customer will be able to give a rating to this chat.
At any point of time, you can display the entire history of all conversations with a given visitor. To do so, open the chat window, find the CHATS section on the left and click #View all chats.
Chat ratings allow you to measure customer satisfaction after each conversation and to track your agents’ performance. When the problem has been solved, the agent closes the chat and the visitor can rate his/her live support experience with an emoji, which can be either great, average or poor.
The next interaction with a client becomes a separate chat, which again can be closed by the agent and rated by the visitor.
To enable or disable the chat ratings feature go to the Settings and click on Chat rating.
You can view the ratings and check your agents’ performance in their profiles. For this, go to Settings → Agents and choose a specific support agent to display his/her rating. You can also see your own rating in My Account.
Communication management tools
HelpCrunch offers a variety of communication management tools and features to help you manage your customer interaction smoothly and effectively.
A green circle next to the username in All chats, My chats and Contacts sections of your account will hint you on who is active at the moment and can be reached right away.
Quick search lets you find a conversation by name, email, company etc.. and connect with a given customer in a second. There’s no need to switch between various chat windows and lists.
To launch a search in your My Chats, All Chats and Contacts section, type a name or an email into the search field at the top right of the page and press Enter.
User data and tracking
You can display comprehensive data for a given user. Just open the chat window and you’ll see this information on the left side of the chat.
User information section displays personal and contacts details
Chats section provides a list of chats you had with a given customer. Closed chats are automatically to the list.
Custom data section shows the data you have forwarded from you website to HelpCrunch account via our User Authentication Mode (e.g. custom attributes for triggering auto messages).
Chat notes section lets you add notes concerning this customer. Notes are visible only to your company agents and might be useful to make a brief overview of previous discussions with specific customer, so if new agent will take this chat, no need to read all previous discussions.
User path section tracks a customer’s journey. You see from where the visitor came to your site, the number of visits, first seen and last seen dates.
User actions section provides a list of actions a given user has performed on your website or inside your application.
Each chat can be tagged for quick search and reference, let’s say Lead or Important. The tags will be displayed next to the contacts’ names in All chats and My chats as well as in specific chat windows.
- To assign or remove a tag , open the chat window, find the TAGS at the top left at click on Add.
Now you can choose the tags you want to be displayed or uncheck the existing tags to hide them.If you want to display all chats with a certain tag, press TAGS in My chats section, tick the one you need from the dropdown and press Apply.
Communication statuses help you understand at what point your interaction with a customer is (New, Open, Pending, On-Hold, Resolved, Closed) and let you prioritize your actions accordingly. In this way, each chat practically works as a ticket.
Communication statuses are displayed both in My Chats, All Chats and Contacts sections as well as in every chat window.
You can change the communication status of a given interaction. Open the chat window, click on the chat status and choose the best-fitted option from the dropdown list.
Each chat has a list of actions you can do with it.
- Block person
If a certain person is bothering you, you can block him/her in one sec. Choose Block person from the drop-down and all the trouble is gone – you’ll won’t receive any messages from blocked people.
- Unsubscribe person
If a given user doesn’t wish to receive any emails from your team, you can unsubscribe him/her from manual and automated emails. It’s also a good idea to unsubscribe users with invalid or absent email addresses.
- Email Transcript to client
Chat history will be delivered to the email address indicated in the profile of this visitor/user.
- Email Transcript to me
Chat history will be delivered to the email address indicated in My Account section – Sender Email Address.
- Assign to me / Unassign from me
The agent can assign or unassign the chat to/from himself. Can be re-assigned at any time.
- Transfer chat to agent
Transfer this chat to another agent. Chat will appear in agent’s “My Chats” page and agent name will appear in assignee column.
- Transfer chat to department
Transfer this chat to another department. You’ll be able to see this chat if department is selected in departments column filter.
- Mark as unread
Mark this chat as unread so that other agents can see it and respond.
- Merge chat
Merge this chat into another chat (e.g. if the same visitor started two or three different chats from different devices).
- Close chat
This will close the current chat with customer. The chat history will be erased from your customer’s chat. It will still be available for you in your agent chat.
- Delete chat
This will delete all chat data and customer data permanently.
Resend your chat message via email if not seen
Let’s say your visitor leaves the chat and does not re-enter for some time. So not to lose a potential customer, you can resend your unread chat messages by email after a certain time lap and reactivate your communication. Sometimes it may take up to 8 email follow ups before your client answers.
You can set an automatic trigger for this:
- Go to Settings and choose Messages & Email.
- Check the ON box and set the time after your chat message will be sent via email if the visitor does not read it by that time.
Include unsubscribe link to all your Email Auto Messages and Email Manual Messages to avoid getting into spam. This setting does not affect your email replies via the chat – the unsubscribe link is not added there under any circumstances.
The Contacts section of your HepCrunch account actually represents a neat and clear CRM system. You’ll see a complete list of your contacts with a whole set of comprehensive parameters: communication and online statuses, contact details, location, website, last seen and first seen dates, number of sessions, browser versions.
Advanced search at the top left of the page lets you set specific criteria to display all the contacts who match them.
Contacts on the “Contacts” page can be added manually or uploaded/downloaded via CSV file.
Bulk adding contacts
First of all, click the up-pointing arrow button download CSV template and use exactly the same column names as indicated in the template. When the file is ready to upload, select it using the Browse button and assign a tag and choose the tag color (optional). Tagging contacts might be handy when uploading several batches, or for specifying additional info.
For manual adding just click the +Add new contact button and fill in all appropriate data and save.
Start a Free Trial
HelpCrunch offers 14 days of free trial. You can create a trial account using Start Free Trial button in the top menu on our website.
After clicking that button, you’ll be asked to enter your full name, email, your website or organization name, and password. After that, you’ll be redirected to your admin panel, where the installation wizard is waiting for you. You can either follow the installation steps or skip the wizard and install HelpCrunch chat widget on your website later from the Settings → Website widgets section.
Verify your subscription
Your current subscription details are specified on the Subscription page in settings. You can change them, include some features or add more seats/licenses for your support agents.
You can change your subscription at any time, or add new seats for your agents on the Subscription page, at Change your subscription plan section.
- First, you need to pick a billing period.
*Note that Annual payment will save you 23%
- Then pick between a “Live chat” solution or “Live chat & Email Automation”.In addition to our Live Chat Solution, use our Email Automation to shoot instant email follow-ups right from the chat, send one-off deals, promotional offers or automate your email marketing activities.
- Choose your plan:
- Basic – 1 agent only
- Premium – Up to 10 agents
- Enterprise (annual only) – For the number of agents greater than 10. Please contact our team to generate more licenses for your needs.
Total price will appear below immediately. Now you can click Add Billing Information button.
To edit the billing info, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Log in as administrator and go to the Settings→Billing details
- Enter your company’s info, the First Name and Last Name, Country, City, Zip/Postal fields.
- Set the checkbox and fill in the Credit Card Number and CVV number
- Click on Save billing info button to save changes.
Update credit card details
If you want to change your credit card info, you can easily update it in your account. Go to Settings→Subscription→Billing Details, hit the “Update credit card details” button and enter a new code, expiration date, and CVC code.
To download invoices in pdf format, go to Settings→Invoices→View invoice.
Canceling a subscription
You can cancel your subscription on the Subscription page settings at any time, but before that, please contact our support team via chat. If you tell us what is wrong, we will do our best to make it right!
If you cancel your subscription, your HelpCrunch account will be permanently disabled, including access to users and chats.