According to various studies, live chat can increase conversions by as much as 40%.
This is not surprising though as live chat is preferred by customers as the most convenient way to get in touch with businesses.
Forrester Research found that roughly 44% of online customers say that having questions answered by a live person while purchasing something is one of the most important features of a website.
But in order to achieve those 40%, you need to follow some rules:
- Live chat's response time should be fast. In fact, it should be almost real-time, because that's what customers expect from it.
- Reach out to customers proactively with the help of auto messages. They can be triggered by certain behavior and offer timely help automatically.
- Make your live chat button visible and accessible so that customers could contact you quickly and without unnecessary distractions.
- Use pre-chat and offline forms to collect visitors' email addresses and nurture them after your live chat conversation.
- 5. Train your customer support team to be as effective and helpful as possible.