You can create and track any custom data about your contacts, such as their subscription plan, the number of employees, next payment date etc. This data can be used for:
- accurate targeting in Auto and Manual messages
- filtering and segmenting contacts
How to add a custom attribute for your contacts
To create a new attribute, go to Settings → Contacts → Custom attributes and click 'Add new attribute':
Display name is a label for this attribute that will be displayed all around the dashboard.
Data type defines which type of data you want to collect:
- String – sequence of any characters
- Integer – integer number
- Float – number with a fraction
- Boolean – TRUE or FALSE
- Date – date and time in Unix timestamp (e.g. 1633710581 = Friday, 8 October 2021, 16:29:41 GMT).
Description (optional) here you can add notes for your attribute.
Display in contact profile allows you to hide this attribute from a contact profile on a chat page and a contacts list page.